Watch the Lenovo Service Video on ESD
Lenovo Service posted a video on their youtube site called “Understanding Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) for Technicians.” We encourage you to take a look.
The video is very informative and does a good job of covering the basics of ESD control when working with ESD susceptible devices or components. The basic practices of controlling ESD when handling ESD susceptible items are pretty straight forward.
- Establish and control access to an ESD Protected Area. It can be one bench or a whole facility (or a field service kit that a Lenovo Service person might use)
- Ground all conductors including operators.
- Use a dissipative grounded surface for ESD susceptible products to be placed on if needed.
- Remove all non-process essential insulators from the ESD Protected Area. Use ionization to control charges on process essential insulators.
- If an ESD susceptible item needs to be removed from the ESD Protected Area, place it in a shielding bag or storage container that forms a faraday cage.
Posted on April 8, 2016, in ESD Control, ESD Education, ESD Information, Uncategorized, Videos and tagged ESD Control, ESD Handling, ESD Protected Area, ESD Storage, ESD Susceptible Devices. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.